The Person You Need To Impress To Become Confident
The problem with this approach is that:
• The person assumes that he is worthless unless otherwise proven
• The person feels worthless whenever he encounters someone new to him
• The person loses his identity as he tries to please everyone
So how can self confidence be built??
Self confidence is nothing more than a set of beliefs that YOU have about YOURSELF
This means that in order to become confident you need to alter YOUR beliefs about YOURSELF and not the beliefs of everyone else about you!!
Sounds easy but how can it actually be done??
Consider your subconscious mind a friend of yours who is watching you all the time and recording the things that you do
If you managed to impress your subconscious mind it will change its idea about you (the beliefs)
The more you impress your subconscious mind the more it will change its beliefs about you and the more confident you will become!!
So you don’t need to try to prove to everyone you encounter that you are worthy you just need to prove it to yourself!!
How to impress yourself
You need to challenge yourself in order to impress your subconscious mind.
Some people will get goal setting wrong and set any goals just to have something to do in life and certainly that will never help
If you want to impress yourself then you need to set goals you never dared to think about before. In my book How to make someone fall in love with you I explained how one of the biggest mistakes people make when they try to impress others is that they think that there is a one size fits all solution. For example if someone doesn’t care about money then showing him that you have all the money in the world will fail to impress him.
• The same exactly goes to your subconscious mind. If you want to impress it then show it that you can do the things it cares about and not anything else.
• If you fear public speaking then of your goals might be delivering a presentation in front of 20 persons
This can be divided into
• Improving your presentation skills
• Then doing a presentation in front of one close friend
• Then improving your skills even more
• Then doing it in front of 2 people
• And so on
When you manage to reach that goal your subconscious mind will become impressed because it discovered that you can do things that others can’t do
This will trigger positive self talk and this self talk will give you more confidence.
In the solid confidence program I said that Trying to think positively right away is useless because your subconscious mind will think that you are fooling yourself but when you first do the action and get positive thoughts as a result the positive thoughts will give you a self confidence boost.