Interest vs. Commitment

“There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”
- Kenneth H. Blanchard

What are you just interested in and what are you truly committed to? Are your workouts just an interest? Today, accept no excuses, especially those you give yourself. Today you’re not buying “I’m tired,” “I already missed 2 workouts last week,” or “I just don’t have the time.” Today you’re choosing to be committed to yourself, not just interested. 

 Commitment can be a difficult thing.  When you think of the outcome of keeping a commitment, it's usually a positive result leading to proud, accomplished moments.

So why do we usually choose to be interested in things rather than committed to them?

 Remember, you can chose to ignore those lies and believe the truth.  Believe that God has big things in store for you... you just have to believe and have faith.

I want more accomplished moments in my life.  I want to be fully committed to God, my dreams, my marriage, my family, my friends, those in need, and my health.  I don't want to quit.  I don't want to give up.  I want to turn my dreams into reality!

Are you interested in your goals, or are you fully committed? One of the most common complaints among goal setters nowadays is that there’s just not enough time to get to the ones that “really matter.” The real culprit is that most people don’t raise their goals beyond the level of general interest. They’re waiting for a vague time in the future when other things won’t get in the way or when they wrap things up. In other words, when it’s more convenient. And of course, that time never comes, does it? If your goals are truly that important to you, don’t let anything stand in your way. You have the power to say ‘no’ and to set your priorities. Make that commitment and you automatically create an obligation that you’re bound to fulfill.